Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday, the 18th July,05 is Aashadhi Ekadashi, whole day Upwas i.e. Fasting day eating typical items like Sabudana Khichadi,soaked sabudana with curd (jeera/green chilli phodni added)then potato-kees which I prefer most from all items allowed on fasting days. I am enjoying Travel living channel while having potato kees. South Indian food preparations are shown under Global food items. Sorry to say, I watched non-veg.Dum biryani on fasting day! I know, my kids are going to laugh at me to say so. Well, I don't mind atleast watching, when I am not purchasing or eating or even serving. That way, I follow my mindset and not because it's tradition here or discipline of my religion.
Anyway, to add more about this day- Warkari go to Aalandi gaon, Pandharpur for worshiping God Vitthal and Sant Dnyaneshwar who is called "Dnyaniyancha Raja" who really spread knowledge through writing "Dnyaneshwari Granth" right in his childhood. I admire the way Sant Dnyaneshwar spent his short but full of troubles life with his brothers and lovely sister Muktai. There was no management concept those days,afterall, I always think, most of the times, hard situations teach big lessons of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home